We’re thrilled to have you part of our community and we love reading your comments about our programs. But first things first, it’s important we lay down some ground rules to ensure that our participants, hosts and on air talent, members of the audience and the community are treated respectfully and that all content and commentary posted here is appropriate.
1. To be eligible to access the Social Media Channel you must be over the age of 15, or otherwise have your parent’s permission to use the Social Media Channel.
2. In relation to any material you post on the Social Media Channel (your “Material”), you warrant and represent to Seven that:
a. you are the sole owner of any copyright in all Material posted on the Social Media Channel; and
b. the posting of the Material and its inclusion on the Social Media Channel will not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person.
Social Media Etiquette and Restrictions on Material
3. When you post Material on the Social Media Channel, you must conduct yourself in a dignified and respectful manner.
4. In particular you must not post or attempt to post any Material on the Social Media Channel which contains any content that:
-Infringes the intellectual property rights, privacy or confidentiality of any third party;
-Is abusive, threatening or offensive;
-Is obscene or which would not be considered appropriate for a website which is freely available to all internet users, including children;
-Is discriminatory or offensive in terms of race, gender, sexual preference, religious views or otherwise;
-Is maliciously false or which falsely denigrates any person, product, service or otherwise;
-Breaches any obligation of confidence owed to any person;
-Discloses the personal information of any individual;
-Is misleading or deceptive;
-Involves the use of a trade mark, name or indicia which is not owned by you;
-Amounts to harassment, stalking or similar conduct;
-Spams the page with repeated content or commentary
-Involves the sale or promotion of commercial products, surveys, contests or advertising;
-Contains viruses, or other corrupted or destructive files;
-Attempts to impersonate any person, group or entity, or misrepresents who you are, including failing to disclose any commercial relationship of affiliation you may have with Seven (or a competitor of Seven);
-Reveals any spoilers, outcomes or results of any episodes, including any photographs or videos, or any other content related to a Channel 7 program before it has first been broadcast on Channel 7;
-Reveals any other information or ‘know how’ in any form concerning Seven’s business or any Channel 7 program, or ‘behind-the-scenes’ processes or anything related to the making of the relevant program;
-Includes any photographs or videos representing any judges (during production of the Program) hosts, talent or crew members without prior written approval from Seven;
-Refers to Seven or any Channel 7 program in any online handle or in your social media username without prior written approval from Seven;
-Would result in a contempt of court, or breach of a suppression or other court order limiting the publication of information relating to court proceedings; or
-Is otherwise unlawful or which may give rise to legal action against you.
5. You acknowledge that the material placed on the Social Media Channel is contributed by users and that the opinions, views, advice and statements made in such Material are not made, provided or endorsed by Seven. Seven is not responsible for such material or any reliance on such material by you.
6. By posting Material on this Social Media Channel, you grant Seven and its affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, perpetual, transferrable, and fully sub-licensable, royalty free right to use, adapt, publish and reproduce that Material for any purpose and in any media. We may use the name that you have submitted in connection with that Material, however you acknowledge that any such attribution is at our discretion.
7. You acknowledge and agree that Seven may, at any time and at its absolute discretion, remove, not publish or modify any Material from the Social Media Channel and ban users from the channel, without giving any reason.
8. You acknowledge that Seven is entitled to disclose information, including personal information, to appropriate government and other agencies where required or where it is otherwise reasonable or appropriate for such information to be disclosed (subject to Seven's legal obligations under Privacy and other laws).
9. Seven may, at any time and at its absolute discretion, discontinue the Social Media Channel or any part of it.
10. You waive all moral rights to any Material you post, and consent to any act or omission that could otherwise constitute a breach of such moral rights, including derogatory treatment and failure to correctly identify you as the author.
11. You acknowledge that a violation of these Terms may cause Seven irreparable harm, the amount of which may be difficult to ascertain, and therefore Seven shall have the right to apply to a court of competent jurisdiction for an order to prevent and/ or cure any breach or threatened breach of these Terms by you, and for such other relief as Seven deems appropriate.
13. Without limiting the above, you will indemnify Seven and keep Seven indemnified against any loss or damage suffered by Seven, including any legal costs incurred, arising out of any claim alleging that:
a. Any Material posted by you infringes the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person;